By Napsugar Bardocz / Coordinator at GMS
Last Monday, on the 28th January 2019, AIM launched their brand-new international sync licensing conference in partnership with the GMS, Music Gateway, Believe Sync and Ukie.
The sold out event took place at the Barbican Centre, bringing together music industry professionals from all parts of the world to listen to panel discussions featuring sync experts, to attend one-to-one networking and listening sessions and to make invaluable connections at the networking drinks in the evening.
A number of panel discussions took place throughout the day, covering a range of topics including:
- The Evolution of Creative Advertising, featuring music supervisor and GMS Senior Board member Ayla Owen
- Soundtracking a TV drama, featuring music supervisor and GMS president Iain Cooke, music supervisor and GMS member Catherine Grieves, music supervisor and GMS Advisory Board member Matt Biffa and US Guild president Thomas Golubić
- Making the Transition: Artist to Composer, featuring music supervisor and GMS member Emily Appleton Holley
- Placing Music at the Heart of Esports
- International Film Supervision, featuring music supervisor and GMS Advisory Board member Sarah Bridge and director of Woodwork Music Rachel Wood
- In-House Supervision – Broadcasters, Producers & Content-Creators, featuring music supervisor and GMS member Amelia Hartley
- Market Focus: India
- How Does Sync Influence A&R?, featuring head of sync at Believe Sync and GMS member Pete Beck
- The Future of Sync, featuring Head of Sync at Domino Publishing and GMS member Lynden Campbell, International Licensing Manager at Concord Music and GMS member Katy Allison
- Alternative Routes: Sync Agencies, featuring Creative & Sync Licensing Rep and GMS member Florent Clavel, CEO and founder of Music Gateway Jon Skinner and sync specialist and GMS member Pam Lewis Rudden
- Sync Strategy at Indie Labels, featuring Senior Creative & Licensing Manager at Beggars Group and GMS member Emma Lomas, Head of Licensing at Warp Records and GMS member Will Theakston
After such a brilliant launch we are very much looking forward to partner up with AIM again to bring you AIM Sync Conference 2020!