Boost Music is the UK’s leading independent production music library for film, TV, promos and advertising.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve carefully curated a repertoire of more than 25 labels and over 100,000 tracks, but always focusing on quality above all else.
Friendliness, approachability and an in-depth knowledge of both our catalogue and our clients’ needs are central to everything we do at Boost.
In a new Creative Search & Licensing Exec, we’re looking for an extremely driven team player who can immerse themselves in our music and who will enjoy working at an indie publisher at an exciting time of growth. You may have gathered experience working in production music before, or have experience in TV, media or music supervision.
You’ll get to…
As Creative Search & Licensing Exec, you’ll be part of an experienced team with your own clients, looking to help them with their music needs.
Day-to-day, this might include client outreach and development, responding to incoming music briefs, handling licensing enquiries and being ‘in the know’ about upcoming productions.
You’ll also be responsible for maintaining excellent customer service standards, following our team promotions plan and feeding into and implementing the company growth strategy.
We’re looking for someone who…
Loves music: this probably comes as no surprise, but you’ll be listening to a lot of music in this role. You’ll use a love for and in-depth knowledge of music to find your way around our catalogue to sensitively react to what a client is asking for.
Is creative: you will be helping video creatives and representing our music creatives, so it’s important you have an active interest in the arts and media space.
Is ambitious: You will be excited to work on creative projects and achieve big music syncs, but also be interested in developing in-depth industry knowledge to help inform the way you approach your clients.
Is commercially minded: You will be keen to hit monthly targets, and prioritise your time towards opportunities that provide the best financial returns. You will receive industry training and a supportive working environment to help you achieve this.
Is curious: You want to understand your client’s needs which means in addition to music, knowing information specifically related to their projects such as content type, content genre, channel or platform airing and context (ie part of a tv format series or quick turnaround online promo).
Is an ideas’ person: you will have music ideas for searches, promotions ideas to contribute to our marketing plans, and be someone who generally wants to voice creative ideas and solutions.
Has experience in the business: you have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in either production music, or a relevant TV, media or music supervision role. Your familiarity with the industry will help grow Boost’s extensive network of clients.
Wants to develop a strong understanding of music licensing: You’ll be taking on requests relating to licensing, and so an appetite for understanding production music publishing is important. This includes broadcaster blankets, the MCPS rate card and direct licensing.
While we don’t expect an expert level of understanding, we are looking for someone who is determined to learn and help demystify this for our clients as and when they need!
Is great with people: a big part of this role is the development and nurturing of Boost’s clients across the UK and Ireland. Whether you’re responding to an email music brief or out visiting clients in person you’ll need to feed off them, and have a genuine interest in understanding their music needs.
Is confident with technology: you will understand the need for organisation and embracing new technology within an everchanging market.
Is detail orientated: You will have excellent written communication and will be meticulous with the administrative tasks that come with the role.
Is a team player: you will be working as a team and sometimes sharing contacts depending on whichever scenario is best for the client
Is happy to travel: the promotions team are expected to travel up to 6 times a year for 1 to 3 nights on average.
The general responsibilities of the role are…
Develop, nurture and maintain relationships with Boost’s clients in London, across the UK and in Ireland via all media including email, phone and in person
· Gain a high level of knowledge of our catalogue and be able to assist clients with music searches
· Deliver excellent levels of customer service to clients including quick and friendly responses
· Respond to clients licensing enquiries relating to both broadcaster blankets and the MCPS rate card
· Actively engage in how we package our music into playlists and how we can improve this for clients
· Follow a structured promotions schedule for designated accounts
· Represent Boost at promotions trips and networking events (this will include some evenings and overnight stays)
· Collate new lead information from client feedback and promotions meetings
· Collaborate with promotions and marketing delivering on strategies for building business and maintaining profile via our websites, e-marketing, social media and promotional items.
· Work as a team with the other Boost promotions members; whether attending client visits or helping out with music searches
· Engage in trade press and provide personal opinion and commercial insight of observation of opportunities for use of our music across media
· Provide client feedback on music trends, the types of music clients are asking for to inform ideas for new albums
The important bits…
Salary: £30 – 37K dependent on experience with additional results driven bonus scheme
Hybrid role: split between working from home and in our London co-working space.
25 Days Annual Leave rising to 30 days after 2 years
Private Medical Insurance
Working From Home Fuel Allowance (paid quarterly)