New Senior Business Development Manager
Woodwork Music is a 15 year old, award-winning music synchronisation company.By Guild of Music Supervisors Team 01-Oct-2018
Woodwork Music is a 15 year old, award-winning music synchronisation company, expert in sourcing and licensing, original or existing music for use in high profile, ads, TV shows and films around the world including ad campaigns for Nike, Playstation, Audi and Hennessy and TV series and films, such as Better Call Saul, The OC, Breaking Bad, and Pretty Little Liars as well as (on air now!) Wanderlust and Press.
Based in Salford, minutes from Manchester city centre and in the cutting edge artistic hub that is Islington Mill, Woodwork Music – one of the UK’s leading music agencies representing labels, artists and composers for music licensing and creation in visual media - is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join it’s senior management team.
Your role will be to identify, develop and implement new business development strategies across both sides of the business alongside a small, experienced and committed team. Our award winning work is conducted with clients across multiple visual industries (advertising, film, TV plus some trailers and games) and continents (principally the USA and Europe). Where do we go next? We want you to help us find out and then get there!
Ideally we are looking for someone who is currently working in either (in order of preference) the advertising, music or film/ TV industries. This is a role for an experienced, senior member of staff and we are more interested in finding the right person for the role who can prove transferable skills than finding someone who has held the job title of Business Development before. You must be innovative, confident, creative and have the ability to lead a team. Please read the ‘Essential’ and ‘Preferable’ lists below before applying.
• You must have at least 2 years experience at a senior level with business development OR a related discipline/ industry – e.g. advertising, music publishing; record label sync department.
• You must have managed (a team of) people.
• You must have proven results in developing and delivering projects.
• You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• This is a client facing role so experience of presenting to and socialising with clients is essential.
• You must be confident, bright, friendly, self-motivated, flexible and creative.
• You must have experience of dealing with/ working in the advertising industry.
• Experience of PR and marketing.
• Ideally you would be a music fan as well as a film/ TV/ advertising fan and be interested in the interplay between music and film.
• Experience in synchronisation licensing/ creation of music for visual media.
Pay & conditions
£ Competitive, according to experience.
Please apply with your CV as well as a covering letter with details of why you are interested and why you would be suitable for the role. Email with the subject line “Business Development Job application” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: there will be two round of applications, one in Autumn
2018 and if no successful candidate is found, another at the beginning of 2019.
Autumn 2018 applications should be with us by 30th October 2018.
2019 application deadline TBC.
Interviews will be held in Salford at the end of November.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.