Resilient Music - Non-Exclusive Freelance Music Supervisor Consultant - Paris, FranceBy The GMS Team 10-Dec-2018
NON-EXCLUSIVE FREELANCE MUSIC SUPERVISOR CONSULTANT
BASED IN PARIS, FRANCE
is looking for a non-exclusive freelance music supervisor consultant based in Paris, France. The opening is in response to a client opportunity arising during Q1 2019. Resilient needs an experienced specialist in both sync licensing and creative track research, with longstanding deep relationships with French record labels, music publishers, artist managers, composers, agents and PROs. The consultant will have a long and successful track recording working in music supervision for the French advertising market and will very familiar with the needs of French brand advertisers and their advertising agencies. The consultant will be an EU citizen, resident in Paris, for whom French is their first language but also completely fluent in business grade written and spoken English.
The relationship with Resilient may be initially on a fixed term project basis though could expand to a retainer depending on client need. The successful candidate will be working remotely, rather than as an employee based in a Resilient office. We encourage our consultants to have other non-competitive clients as part of their freelance life. This opportunity will suit either an existing freelancer or someone with their own existing independent consultancy who’s interested to partner with a UK firm.
Resilient Music LLP is an independent music rights consultancy specialising in the brokering of sync licences and composer commissioning agreements for brand marketing communications. Resilient’s founding partner is Richard Kirstein, author of.
Resilient’s primary focus is to help brands buy music, smarter. We leverage our procurement and business affairs skills to help our clients secure optimal commercial terms. Our point of difference is obsessive attention to detail and due diligence discipline in an area where it’s frequently lacking. We are also deeply passionate about educating our clients on music rights and the need to follow correct procedures and protocols.
Resilient has always operated a remote team of experienced freelance consultants, all of whom have significant past experience with music publisher and/or record label sync licensing teams. We don’t have a central office preferring instead to use shared spaces.
Resilient’s clients are in the luxury, alcoholic beverage, automotive and financial services sectors. We also collaborate closely with leading marketing procurement and production consultancies both in the UK and US.
Tasks will include:
· Being on-call for rapid response to client briefs – both music research and/or licensing
· Analysing client briefs
· Creative track research and delivery to client using Resilient’s DISCO account
· Research into selected talent and/or music titles & reporting on issues that may impact on clearance
· Preparation of offers to music rights owners and/or talent representatives
· Negotiation of commercial terms through to agreed deal memo stage
· Liaison with vendors on vendor set-up and invoicing
· An independent contractor who is free from exclusive agreements with other companies
· Music fanatic with broad and eclectic tastes across many genres
· Obsessive attention to detail
· Strong forensic research skills
· Robust negotiation skills
· Strong client account management skills combined with diplomacy
· Ability to remain calm & focused while performing complex tasks under intense time pressure
· Strong relationships with senior sync licensing staff at French major and independent publishers & labels
· A deep respect for copyright and total dedication to acting with integrity at all times
· A strong interest in Advertising and the role of music within marketing communications
· Great problem solving skills
· Happy to work remotely, reporting directly to clients, whilst supervised by Resilient’s Founding Partner
· Commitment to agreed processes & systems
· Graduate – Preferably Music or Business Studies
· Minimum 5 years, but preferably longer as part of sync licensing team within a major or large independent French music publisher and/or record label with responsibilities for commercials and/or online brand communications. This past role would be primarily focussed on front-line / client facing deal negotiation rather than back-room long form agreements or administration.
· Minimum 5 years, but preferably longer as an independent music supervisor working in the French advertising market.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to: