Music Editor - PlayStation (London)By The GMS Team 17-Apr-2019
The Creative Services Group (CSG) is an award winning centralised internal agency within Sony PlayStation Worldwide Studios Europe (WWS|E). We endeavour to build a working environment where our people can flourish and create their best work. Structured around six core functional disciplines; Sound, Music, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Video and Film; we deliver projects in collaboration with our game development and marketing/PR teams. From animation to live action filming, branding to user experience design, music composition to sound design, we offer a huge array of services to our clients.
The Music Editor will be working full time as a member of our in-house music team to deliver high quality music and implementation for exciting new IPs and world-renowned franchises from across WWS. Reporting into the Senior Composer and Music Producer, the primary function of this role is to provide music editing, production, and implementation to support Music Department. The role will also provide testing the music implementation in game including bug reporting and tracking.
This is an opportunity to work on high profile titles within a friendly and dedicated award-winning music team.
Please apply with a demo reel / portfolio. Submissions without work examples will not be considered.
- Create AAA quality music assets and features - Create, record, edit music for different styles and genres;
- Actively contribute, both creatively and technically, to the music design process of a project;
- A comprehensive background in music production techniques;
- Follow and assist in the creative and technical execution of the music vision.
- Manages and coordinates the distribution of technical resources for the implementation of the music score;
- Pro-actively participate in the development of new music tools and drive the continued development of existing music tools;
- Coordinating memory and data loading issues with programmers and sound design groups;
- Keeping the producer and audio programming leads informed of the programming resources necessary to achieve implementation;
- Play test music in the game;
- Music bug reporting and tracking;
- Implement music using London Studio’s game editor with Wwise - Achieve the highest quality VR immersion.
- Create style guide audio files and documents, taking into account stylistic, technical, budgetary and availability issues;
- Requires knowledge of music production skills and techniques that apply to creating and maintaining schedules, ascertaining production costs and facility selection;
- Be involved in managing external talent and communicating directly with key members of the team on all issues.
Deliver compelling music
- Mix in Wwise, proactively build and maintain effective and consistent mix architectures;
- Test all aspects of the audio to ensure playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
Within a highly collaborative environment
- Regularly review your work to ensure a strong and consistent audio style;
- Explore new tools and features in collaboration with our audio programmers;
- Attend audio team reviews, play-throughs and game mixing sessions;
- When required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors;
- Proactively build good communication & coordination between audio team members and development team disciplines (art, animation, programming, level design, design, production);
- Attend meetings with development teams;
- Meet deadlines, collaborate with our Audio Producer and Supervising Sound Designer to ensure your work is on schedule and meeting expectations;
- Positively contribute at all times. Identify areas requiring innovation / problems and pro-actively find creative and technical audio solutions;
Experienced Music Designer
- Minimum 3 years experience working on commercial music projects;
- Strong, demonstrable music skills in both linear and interactive media - Proven in demo reel;
- Ability to learn a new in-house game editor for integrating music content;
- Knowledge of the game making process;
- Degree in related audio field;
- Proficient in Wwise - Proven experience on a least one shipped title.
Reliable team player
- Ability to work as a team player;
- Ability to provide and accept critical feedback in a professional manner;
- Self-disciplined, able to meet deadlines and to report progress to producers;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, and ownership of your allocated areas;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written);
- Pro-active and highly organized;
- Ability to maintain high standards even under pressure.
- Advanced knowledge of Pro Tools & Cubase;
- A passion for music in games and other forms of audio-visual entertainment;
- A keen interest in action hero movies and shooter games.
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Creative Services
Location: Soho, London
Closing Date: 31/05/2019